Sunday, October 15, 2006

12



12 was my number in high school. Every time I signed my name, I added the #12 to the end. It became part of my autograph. It's in other people's yearbooks, all my high school memorabilia.

I could try to spiritualize that an 18 year old boy was identifying himself with discipleship but I won't. Honestly, I don't think I was that smart or even dedicated to God.

But, now I am looking for 11 other people so dedicated to God that they would be willing to do anything God desires. I do not so much care about how big a congregation is anymore. 200, 300, or 400 people who just come on Sunday are not really for me any more. Give me 11 people and we will go make a difference. I want to be associated with people who want to take spirituality and faith for real. I want to be with people who are tired of doing church (or religion) and just desire to be were God is in the community among the drunkards, the drug addicts and the prostitutes. Anybody esle desire this?

12!

Matt Tibbles #12
(No, I didn't play for UNC)

No comments: