Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Discipleship

I was reading one of my new tomes, Presence-Centered Youth Ministry by Mike King and found this quote from Brennan Manning:

"Paschal says that the truest test of discipleship is the way we live with each other in the
community of faith. It is as simple and as demanding as that. In our words and deeds, we give
shape and form to our faith every day. We make people a little better or leave them a little
worse. We either affirm or deprive, enlarge or diminish the lives of other."

What are some encounters in your life with other people that have affirmed and enlarged your life?

3 comments:

Angie said...

I know this has nothing to do with your post, but I just saw a picture of you and your wife. I didn't know you all were expecting. Congratulations! I assume this is a recent picture or have you had the baby already?

Matt Tibbles said...

The picture for my profile was taken in August. She is due in about 4 weeks. Feb. 11. AAAHHHHHHH! We can't wait. I am tired of Julie getting to hold the baby the whole time. Baby hog! No, I will not experience being pregnant. Thanks for the congrats!

How you been?

Angie said...

We're all doing great. Two boys keep me very busy. Kyle's been away working since Nov. He'll be home soon.

Keegan was born Feb. 5. That's a good day to shoot for! I'm sure Julie will take an earlier date than the 11th. I know I was ready in January. Keep us updated on the arrival. Boy or Girl or Secret?