Saturday, February 26, 2005

Neighbors

I met my new neighbors the other day. They seem nice. He is a Pierce County sheriff deputy. I had a conversation with another one of my neighbors (Ray). He commented on how our neighborhood seems very unfriendly. I commented on how things have changed even from the time I grew up in Oklahoma. What does it mean to be community any more? My wife and I live in this small 15 house neighborhood, but our community is elsewhere. What would Jesus still say about our neighbors? I want my "neighbors" to know Christ! My neighbors are nice and I talk to some of them. I know even less of them by name. Is that a reflection on our individualism or a reflection on my witness to them? Maybe both?

God is wants all me to come to know him. It does not matter who you are or where you live. I need to look at "who is my neighbor" again and see what God wants to communicate.

No comments: