Wednesday, June 07, 2006

One of those days

Today was one of those days! You know exactly what I am talking about--when nothing seems to be going your way. Here was my day. I have been working on a video slide show for the Advancing Leadership class I have been a part of this last 10 month. I was up to about 2 AM this morning finishing the video. I set my computer to render the video and went to bed for a few hours. I wake up in the morning and immediately go play the video that was render just a few hours before. In a 16 minute slide show, I had 50 seconds missing in the middle of the video. I have learned with Adobe Premiere that not all jpegs are created equal. And once again I found the ones that were not created equal. That normally wouldn't be a problem but the video needed to work for the graduation ceremony that was supposed (you will hear more about that in a minute) Wednesday night. I don't have time to work on the video in the morning because I have a camp planning meeting and Faithquest meeting to attend.

I get to the church building around 1:30 PM and begin to rush to get the video together. I use another program because I don't have time to fix the video I made the night before. So I work for a few hours to get the new video made. I get the video made a few hours later. I am also working on canceling the youth group because none of my volunteers can make it tonight. So I begin to text and call everyone.

I rush home at 4:10 PM to change and iron my clothes for the graduation ceremony. I need to be at the Knutson Family Theatre at 5 PM. Julie is in the vehicle with me and we are on our way shortly after 4:30 PM. We get to the theatre right at 5 PM. I am going through in my mind the possible problems that I might have. I have brought a disk with the new slide show and my computer (just in case). We walk into the Dumas Bay Center and nobody is there. I asked Julie if she brought the invitation. She didn't (not her fault, I knew what I was doing! Yeah right!). I walk into the theatre and again nobody there. I go to the front desk and the receptionist tells me (reminds me) that the graduation is next week!!!!

By this time I am fuming on the inside. I am an idiot! Brainless! and Braindead! So all the rushing around and the pressure I have been under to get the video was pointless!!!!!!!! I canceling of class was pointless!!!!!!! Working up the second video--pointless!!!!!!! Getting even more frustrated--pointless!!!!!!!! Being ticked off--pointless!!!!!!!!!!!

One of those days!

1 comment:

JNW said...

Some days are better than others I guess. You know what I mean?