Monday, May 22, 2006

Sermon Seminar

I am currently in Michigan at the Rochester College Sermon Seminar. I listened to Warren Clark today do some serious breaking open the Bread of Life. I am still thinking about his talk on the sermon.

He was followed up later by Richard Hughes. He laid the smack down on our shallow war theology that our nation (mainly our conservative right wing brothers) seems to esteem. Why love our enemies (like Jesus said in the chapter 5 of Matthew) when we can just go and bomb them? Sigh!

Tomorrow comes who I came to hear--Stanley Hauerwas! I am jacked abou that!

2 comments:

Alan said...

Who would Jesus whack? I am a veteran (Vietnam) and there is nothing glorious in war. There is nothing righteous in an administration that bombs first and asks questions later no matter how much they profess they believe in Jesus. Don't even get me started on the DeLay's of the world.

Matt Tibbles said...

I hear you brother!