Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Ready

I am ready. I am ready for people to let God transform them from the inside out. I am ready for us to get over our selfishness and let God work through us. I read an email about Jeff Cash today. For those that do not know who Jeff Cash is let me tell you how God is using him.

He is a missionary in Uganda. He has been asked by two warring tribes in the eastern Congo to hold a peace conference. If you have no idea what is happening in the Congo, go see Hotel Rwanda. The tribal leaders have approached Jeff to hold two conferences, both are four days long. Everybody from the tribes will be invited for the first three days (estimated 15,000 in attendance at the first conference and 10,000 at the second conference) and the tribal leaders for the fourth day. Imagine God placing this opportunity to be a "peacemaker"--a true peacemaker at your feet! Tribes that have been at war with each other are now seeking a humble Christian to help bring peace to their tribes and regions.

Jeff is currently praying for God's wisdom of what to do. If he chooses to accept this opportunity he will have to get the UN's approval and then imagine peace being talked about. God trying to restore peace to a land of civil war, not by human means but by God's means.

WOW! Can you see God there? I can. I see God working through someone who is ready to do God's will. I see God working through a single individual to bring a message of peace (and probably Christ). You can encourage him at this email address: jeffcash@infocom.co.ug

I am ready for that to happen over here. I am ready for our "religiosity" to be replaced by people who are ready for God to work in powerful ways.

I am ready! Are you?

3 comments:

Tim said...

Matt, I just came across your blog. Glad to hear you're still hard at work. Of course I wish that you would post more often.

Andrew Martin and his wife Aimee are getting ready to go to Uganda this summer for six weeks to help and to see if they want to move there for a more extended period of time. Pray that just the right people are sent and that God's love brings peace to Africa.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! xcent personal mp3 players How to choose eyeglasses 1995 saab parts Minolta dimage rd 3000 digital camera

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work ticket broker neil norton pontiac Merchant account explained Regulator of moving companies Tradewinds island grand beach resort florida divorce in nevada Quit smoking and coronary disease digital photography printing adware removal